The EDGES programs teach children of all ages the correct skating fundamentals, in a safe and fun environment. The sole emphasis is on building a strong base of skills that introduce the participant to the life long enjoyment of skating, in all its various forms. The EDGES staff is passionate about teaching skating to all in the Durham Region.
What makes EDGES different from other learn to skate programs?
- Certified and/or experienced coaches on the ice during classes.
- Smaller groups allow skaters to receive more individual attention. 8:1 student/coach ratio; 6:1 student/coach ratio for “Parents & Tots” and “Pre-Schoolers”.
- Skaters are coached and supervised for the duration of the entire class.
- Toys, games and music are used to make the experience of learning fun.
- A supervisor is on the ice, monitoring classes during each session.
- Achievement Ribbons are given to the skaters upon completion of each session to inform the parents of their child’s progress.
- Our skating Director oversees all programs.